Mould is a problem that afflicts many homes, a clear sign of dampness within rooms, but it can originate from several factors. Before investigating the causes, however, it is good to know that it is not just an aesthetic or building conservation problem. The most serious risks associated with the presence of mould in the home are in fact health risks: allergies, fungal infections and respiratory problems are just some of the most serious that can occur. Controlled Mechanical Ventilation is, however, a valid solution to be proposed to home-owners to solve the problem: by promoting good air circulation, in fact, it is possible to considerably reduce, if not completely eliminate, the risk of these dangerous moulds recurring.
A health risk, but not only
We have mentioned how mould is harmful in many ways: in the long run it can affect plaster and walls, ruin paint and finishes. But it is above all the health factor that logically creates the most concern.
For landlords of rented houses, there is an additional problem: if the tenant reports the presence of mould, in fact, the removal is the responsibility of the landlord. If he or she fails to do so, the consequences for the landlord may range from immediate termination of the contract up to compensation for damages in favour of the tenant.
In this scenario, proposing the installation of a Controlled Mechanical Ventilation product may be the quickest, most effective and economical solution to solve the problem. Decentralised ventilation systems such as Aspirvelo Air Ecocomfort 2.0 Smart, in fact, can be installed with relatively simple structural intervention, since there is no need to proceed with the creation of a dedicated system.
Practical and economic advantages
The use of controlled mechanical ventilation in buildings, however, is not limited to the presence of mould in dwellings. There are numerous other advantages of a practical and economic nature that owners can be reminded of in order to encourage the adoption of these products and improve air quality in the home, the value of the home and, above all, the opportunity to preserve the investment over time. Let’s look at the main ones.
- Humidity control: as we have said about mould, CMV helps to maintain the optimal level of humidity inside the home, reducing not only the risk of mould but also, for example, that of condensation.
- Improved air quality: CMV ensures a continuous air exchange, eliminating pollutants and allergens, such as dust, pollen and mites that can affect occupants’ health. Fantini Cosmi products are equipped with filters designed to introduce air into rooms that is as sanitised as possible from external contaminants.
- Reduced energy consumption: CMV products with heat recovery reduce energy consumption related to heating and cooling, contributing to energy efficiency. The air is already introduced at the desired temperature and does not have to be reheated or cooled.
- Acoustic comfort: CMV systems reduce the need to open windows and doors for air renewal, reducing the entry of noise from outside.
- Prevention of housing deterioration: controlled mechanical ventilation helps maintain a healthy and dry environment, thus preventing building deterioration caused by damp and mould, reducing maintenance costs and increasing the life of structures.
- Compliance with current regulations: CMV helps comply with current energy efficiency and air quality regulations, facilitating environmental certification and improving the energy class of buildings.
All of these arguments can be used to support the choice of a mould prevention tool, even though in many cases they themselves constitute the main motivation for homeowners’ choice of CMV.
Various installation opportunities
The Fantini Cosmi catalogue includes products suitable for any requirement and any type of system. Particularly interesting are the products of the Aspircomfort range which allow controlled mechanical ventilation to be applied to large areas, such as schools and offices, always in decentralised mode. By reducing the cost of the installation, it is possible to offer customers an effective and cost-efficient solution for combating mould and improving room comfort even in large contexts such as halls, lofts or open-plan spaces.
Read also HERE to find out what the main causes of mould formation are.